Pay It Forward Hero Economy
Roadmap 2.0 (needs revision)
The “Pay It Forward Hero Economy” is an economy that seeks to reward paying it forward and to actively bring out Heroes in our society to make giving back to others an actual thing.
It draws inspiration from existing projects both failed and successful such as the DAO, DigixDao, Ethereum, Synereo AMP, Steem.it, XEM, Ethereum, and of course Bitcoin.
Who Is Behind The Hero Economy (The Guardians of Life led by):
- Kieran Murghein (Lead Developer & Designer)
- Decentralized Heroes From All Over Who Volunteer To Assist
I am Kieran Murghein, the lead game developer and CEO from Zenratstudios. I have been a quiet participant of the Bitcoin community and world since 2009 though it is only recently that my understanding and active participation in the community has increased. What this means is that I have used Bitcoin, and traded altcoins, lurked on forums, observed, but have rarely participated socially except for rare instances to learn the mindset of the community and to ask questions.
I have followed the different solutions of altcoins, participated as a trader, buyer and a small miner, exploring the worlds and learning. Blockchain has the potential to change the world in ways that I believe can help solve the many issues we have.
The Goal is to: build a nonprofit game and book company by day, Hero economy by night that acts as a bridge between the virtual and digital world, that will attract and grow Heroes who want to make a difference, and that will help to eliminate or reduce poverty through education and resources among all the people who participate offering an alternative solution to the world’s economy. One of our biggest missions is global adoption.
To learn more about the services we try to offer see our infographic and read through our website.
- To learn from the Giants who have come before us and integrate different solutions from those Giants.
- To create a self-sustainable virtual economy
- Build a bridge between the virtual and digital world (DigixDao has a wonderful system that does this using Gold as a Resource to back its tokens)
- To work and integrate Reputation and Referral systems (such as what XEM has done)
- To create a system for earning Interest for participants who participate in the economy but don’t spend outside the economy (similar to XEM’s Harvesting system), (this keeps money within the Hero economy so that it has time to grow and expand).
- To work and Integrate with Gateways like Coinbase, Circle, Shapeshift & Exodus, and perhaps to use those APIs to create an alternative system that does the same.
- To allow for people to be the custodians of their own funds (the way Shapeshift has done).
- To build a new an unobtrusive but optional economic system that solves the problems of our old society while simultaneously makes the old system obsolete
- Global Adoption – our biggest mission is getting people who need our service to adopt it but who may have avoided digital currencies up to this point.
- To reduce and or eliminate poverty in all the places our Heroes and Guardians are located (no more waiting for Presidents, Kings & Queens to save us, we go out and do it ourselves)
- To attract brilliant minds and reward heroes.
- To be a blockchain alternative to the Nobel Peace Prizes (but without the bueararcy), the United Nations & The University of Peace
- To educate and create Heroes and Guardians of Life
- Agnostic, Omnist, Synchretism – the goal is to be inclusive, unifying rather than divisive, to bring opposing groups together as a whole, to do this we hope to integrate currency agnostic features and to have a platform agnostic solution that works with all other blockchains and currencies (our goal is not to compete but to cooperate, to live synchronously with other systems, governments and platforms. To this affect we’re just one Asset among many)
- To be self-sufficient, expanding, to constantly grow and evolve.
- For Zenratstudios to be its own entity separate from its creators.
- To structure ourselves in such a way where Big Governments do not control or own us but by which we are still held accountable for our actions.
- And More
- Treasury – 90% of all money we earn initially will be added to a treasury that is divided into two sections 45% is the treasury of the people and the other 45% is the treasury of the workers who serve the people.
- Resource based economy – inspired by Jacque Frescoe, where all resources become the common heritage of all the inhabitants, not just a select few.
- Co-op – We function like a co-op where the members the co-op serves are also the members. Members start out as Champions, when they graduate to Hero members who receive services but also become co-owners in their own way, having a say in the overall direction of the service. People who give back the most in some way (whether it be time or financially), receive the most, and have the most say in the direction of our community, services and products.
- Checks & Balances – checks and balances built in place to prevent bad actors who climb to the top.
- Reputation system – Transactions of kindness, whenever you spend Hero Points you earn Karma Points, Karma is your reputation and works like a “Bonus” or “Multiplier” the more karma you have the more Hero Points you can earn. Only those who have Karma can receive scholarships, rewards, and grants.
- Referral System – dependent on the reputation system, if you help A who helps B who helps C, you each get a percentage of karma points.
- Visual Blockchain – a way to see the transactions in place on a visual node tree, with colours to represent the health of the system and to see how far your actions have spread and affected others.
- Expiration Dates – Reputation has an expiration date, if you stop participating within the system your karma diminishes gradually until it is gone. In order to receive rewards you have to contribute in some way (example, paying subscription fees, trading Hero Points (you receive karma points for trading), participating in our games and community and more).
- Earning Interest – similar to Harvesting & Mining in XEM and Bitcoin one can place their Hero Points aside and let them grow ‘interest’, by not spending or cashing out Hero Points we reward with Karma Points which increase
- Rewards, Scholarships & Grants – built into the system is a feature that rewards those who have the largest percentage of Karma Points to assist them with their personal non-profit or non violent activist projects, or to better themselves, their lives and families.
- Smart Contracts – like Ethereum and Counterparty we want to have smart contracts on our blockchain.
- Keepers – similar to the DAO we want to have keepers who can monitor, prevent and reverse bad actors and transactions. A problem with the DAO was that everything needed to pass a vote and nothing got done. Then people argued over whether or not to hardfork on Ethereum and that had to pass a vote through miners, who had the most money to purchase equipment to run the system. Keepers similar to Curators will be enacted to prevent abuse and reverse transactions of bad actors, and being miner free we work to provide a fairer solution that’s not based on how much ‘money’ you have but how much you contribute to the system and have paid it forward.
- Lineage/ Family Tree – those who contribute the most to the system are invited to become part of the family tree, they graduate from Hero and are invited to join the Guardian of Life. In this way only members can become Keepers and Guardians.
- Decentralized Physical Headquarters – as we grow we will begin giving grants and planting physical headquarters around the world that serve their local community in some way, these headquarters must offer community gardens, water, education, workshops (inspired by Mining Towns, Google, and ecovilages). They are designed to be self-sufficient, are given grants by our company to operate and serve as refuges and sanctuaries and places of education, self-governing (autonomous).
- The 50:50 Rule (two separate co-existing treasuries). Currently it is set up so 45% is Treasury and the other 45% is a treasury that funds hiring lawyers, developers, and more. These are people who are actively working to maintain the system. There is a limit to how much any one person can make, as each member on the back-end has their own salary. What is leftover from that salary is simply used to hire more workers to build and develop more projects. This is important to mention because the back-end 45% doesn’t go to any ‘one’ individual person and there are strict rules with how the money and salaries can be used for those who are guardians of life. The Number one rule is that the money earned by any member who is part of the Guardians of Life must be used for the greater good. Guardians of Life must use that money to reinvest in ways that make their local and international communities a better place. The back-end 45% that isn’t used for salaries goes into developing new and better products, making them more quality and to ensure that the people who work are able to live well too. As such 50:50 is split between the front-end (users) and the back-end (creators). But these two groups are intricately interconnected.
Back-End Features: How decisions are made.
- Experimental Governance model – we’re experimenting with a new form of Democracy that takes all the good things about Democracy and seeks to alleviate the challenges of our current system: One that prevents oligarchies, tyranny of the mob, self-entitled rulers, encourages cooperation and has paying it forward to the people built in.
- Hybrid Decentralization – we learned from the DAO disaster, Bitcoin and Ethereum the flaws that come with pure Democracy. It is our goal to create a hybrid decentralized platform. Everything becomes about balance.
- Experimental Hierarchy and Governance structure – more coming soon (see roadmap 2.0 for an idea)
What needs to be determined with more feedback:
- Which Resource we will be using to back our treasury (example Bitcoin, Dash, Ethereum , etc. to be determined by the community)
- The Ratio 1:100, 1:500, 1:1000 (to be determined by the community)
- Blockchain – whether we need to utilize an existing blockchain or build our own (to be determined by the community)
- Transaction System – how the transactions will best work and be tracked. (will it work like steem.it, synereo Amp, etc. where people vote or give stars to say how the transaction affected their life for better or worse)
- Kindness as a Reward – obviously if people are being nice to people just so they can get something in return even if indirectly then it’s not really kindness; the goal is to make giving fun and rewardable.
- Developers – resources for me to learn how to develop on blockchain or finding a blockchain developer and raising money for the costs
- Details of our governance model (to be determined upon feedback from the community)
There is a big difference between using Blockchain and Bitcoin and actually programming your own coins and I’m still trying to learn this on my own, as I understand there aren’t many blockchain developers, and I currently lack the funds to hire blockchain developers who could help us. Depending on volunteers comes with its own challenges, and while blockchain as a service is a possibility we are not yet aware of the costs.:
What I don’t know how to do but am trying to learn:
- Launch an ICO or crowdsale
- Build a Blockchain, Wallet, and Coin
- Crowdfunding – raising interest & awareness
- Should we create our own blockchain platform or find an existing one to build upon (if so which one?)
- What our main treasury resource should be held or backed in (something that preferably non-volatile such as Litecoin has been a thought)
What I need:
- Feedback & Advisement from experienced members within the community itself
What I want and am working on:
- C# to be the language we write our contracts in.
- Finding a Platform To Write on or Creating our Own (Advisement)
- Reputation & Referral Point System
- Visual Blockchain
- And more.
- XEM – Reputation System & Harvesting
- Spells of Genesis, Unsung Heroes & Arcade City, ARGs & Pokemon Go
- Shapeshift, Jaxx, Exodus – beautiful wallets, currency agnostic, non-custodial
- Ethereum – and it’s smart-contracts
- Counterparty – for showing what could be possible.
- Stratis – a blockchain built in C# that may be what we need.
- Synereo Amp & Steem.it – the concept of communities and decentralized internets and so on.
- And More
- Whitepaper & Roadmap (new/updated) – you can see our initial roadmap here soon to be revised with a new more updated version.
- Source Code
- The Hero Magazine
- Hero University
- One Million Heroes (revamped)
- Crowdfundraiser and ICO campaign