This Past Year So Far
I think I spent most of 2017:
- Building wordpress websites,
- Deepening my knowledge of front-end web development,
- Trading digital assets in the crypto world,
- Building and Disbanding a Team I failed to keep together,
- Trying to balance being a parent and the yearning to make a meaningful living,
- Searching for my identity,
- Trying to engage and interact with the world,
- Juggling the many projects I have that weave into each other,
Present Day Summer
Today, I can say with confidence say that I am a front-end web developer. My goals have always been to learn as a stepping stone. My current goal now is to expand my skills from front-end web development to back-end web development. My goal is to learn back-end web development which will level me up to a full-stack web developer, and to begin developing web apps. The type of applications I am looking at are (in order of hardest to easiest):
- Trading Bots
- Enlightenment/Governance Bot
- Chat Bots you can befriend: consciousness, imagination, friends, compassion, etc.
- NPCs in Games
- NPCs deployed around the web for the ARG I wanted to design
- Developing an offline exchange/wallet (Manual)
- Book you can play game Engine
- Create Educational/Immersive RPG Games: Board, Table-Top RPGs, etc.
- Take my Epic Novel and turn it into a series
- Publish my nonfiction and fiction ebooks
- Finish the Encyclopedia Website I am Working on
- And More
Titles I claim:
- Game Developer
- Front-End Web Developer
- Financial Analyst for Cryptocurrency/Digital Assets
New Titles I will claim in due time:
- Back-End/Full-Stack Web Developer
- Blockchain Developer
- Artificial Intelligence & Bot Developer
- Writer à Published Author
This past year putting together a team has been stressful. The ability to motivate and bring together people for a common goal has definitely been a difficult road. So this year I’m focused on building upon my skills and building projects I want to build one at a time. I’ve always wanted to move from game and web development into the field of artificial intelligence and robotics and so I see a natural progression of the skills and projects I am working on leading to that. I know at some point I really want to work on virtual reality and some other physical projects I’ve been pondering, but have to build the necessary progression of skills to get to that point.
I started this summer out working on a blog for traders; I’ve never finished the series but hope to in due time. I have a few more ebooks to write. Writing ebooks, learning and expanding my programming knowledge, taking care of my home and spirituality, and really just being a parent are all things that I have been really focused on. Instead of trying to build a team to work together with me, my goal is to just keep planning, refining, swimming and building.
So for now this is where I’m at; I will probably be spending the next 3-6 months bouncing between writing ebooks and learning python and back-end programming. It’s 2017 and I definitely feel like I am moving slower than average, but the journey has been very pleasant and enjoyable. I feel like the George R. R. Martin of my life, slow to finish but eventually getting there.